iPhone 7 Launch - Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by timize, Sep 11, 2016.

?

Which store will you be waiting in line at?

1. Polaris Fashion Place

40.0%
  2. Easton Town Center

60.0%
  1. timize macrumors regular

timize

Anyone going to wait with me for the launch?

I'm planning on heading to the Apple Store at Easton. It'll be my first time in line in Columbus, so if you have done this before, share your thoughts/observations.

2. SecondBreakfast macrumors member

I've waited in line before at Polaris, and it's always been really fun! The line forms at the entrance right next to the Von Maur, and you can line up whenever. They typically let everyone inside to continue waiting at midnight. I might do it again this year, as I missed out on the preorder window.

3. timize thread starter macrumors regular

timize

Nice. I've had experience waiting in line at other malls before that weren't so friendly and made us wait outside until 5am.

What time do people start lining up? I showed up at another mall around 9pm and was fifth in line.

4. hellspawn2 macrumors member

I've been to both Easton we did have to stay outside all night. Polaris did let us in after midnight. Since I missed pre order looks like I will probably goto Polaris again

5. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

I queued up at the Polaris mall, and Easton. Polaris is the better experience. They let you inside at midnight and there's wifi. People are friendly. I was able to preorder this year so I didn't need to line up this year.

6. AVS0S macrumors member

AVS0S

About how long are the lines? I'm planning on getting mine at Polaris, too.

7. timize thread starter macrumors regular

timize

I'm heading there right after work, around 9:30pm (I work at Chase, so it'll be a quick jaunt for me).

8. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

I always showed up around 8:30 PM on Thursday. You're outside until about midnight, then they let you in to camp out right outside the Apple Store. If the Starbucks would stay open all night, or even open early, they would make money hand over first. I don't know why they don't.

Take a folding camping chair, granola bars, bottled water. Make friends with the people around you so you can cover one another for restroom breaks. Bring your iPad, iPhone, battery cases and external batteries and make a night of it.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---
    BTW I will be at work (in the Polaris area) until 9 PM on Thursday night, so I might bring donuts over for you guys after I leave the office. I don't have to queue up this year because I was finally able to pre-order, but I love the whole experience. :) It's fun.

9. SecondBreakfast macrumors member

Free donuts?! Well, now I guess I have to go wait in line... ☺️

10. callummiddleton83 macrumors newbie

Have you guys not been told by apple that there's no stock for walk in customers and it's just pre orders only?

11. SecondBreakfast macrumors member

Well, don't keep us in suspense! Tell us what you know and who you talked to. A long-time employee of the Polaris store told me that things would be just like last year and that they expect a pretty big line on Friday morning.

12. callummiddleton83 macrumors newbie

Ive spoke to several apple advisors and been told no stock will be availble for walk in customers. There's a few chat logs with apple advisers who have said the same thing posted on the forums

13. hellspawn2 macrumors member

Ive gone to 3 launches 3,4,5 and APPLE always carried enough for walk ups. There were 2 lines at Easton 1 for pre-orders the other us walk ups. Its not like this is their first time i cant imagine they would not stock enough at stores.

14. callummiddleton83 macrumors newbie

i think you guys who are standing outside the apple shops need some answers

Attached Files:

15. SecondBreakfast macrumors member

Meh, I'm not worried about it. I'm gonna head over to Polaris after work tomorrow and queue up. Hopefully I'll see some of you there!

16. timize thread starter macrumors regular

timize

17. SecondBreakfast macrumors member

Well, all the news about no 7+ stock for walk-ins is worrisome. If anyone manages to talk to the Polaris store and find out what their stock situation is like for 7+, I think we'd all appreciate it.

18. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

I've always had to wait in line until this year when I was finally able to order a Verizon model at full price in order to keep my unlimited data. I think the limited store stock (no 7 Plus; limited 7s) is due to their having screwed the IUP customers. Essentially, they're robbing Peter (walk-in customers) to pay Paul (IUP customers). Funny because I've always viewed those who queue up (myself included) as the most die-hard and loyal of Apple customers. It's easy to be an Apple customer from the comfort of your own home for $15/month. Those who line up the night before...that's dedication.

19. timize thread starter macrumors regular

timize

Well, this sucks. I called the Polaris Apple Store and they told me absolutely no stock for the 7 Plus, and extremely limited stock for the 7. The rep did tell me the stock constraints are just limited to Apple Stores.

Now I have a gamble to make... do I wait at Verizon or Best Buy in hopes they have any Pluses available?

20. SecondBreakfast macrumors member

Hey, thanks for the update. Maybe I'll see you in line at Best Buy across the street tonight, eh? If you find any 7+ stock anywhere else, let us know!

If there's a chance, I'll either be there or at the AT&T store just down the road.

21. DChap23 macrumors newbie

Called around to a couple of the Best Buy's near Polaris are, all of them said they will not be getting any Plus models in store for a couple of weeks.

May try Verizon but they wouldn't tell me if they would or not. Sounding like a long shot

22. SecondBreakfast macrumors member

Well, I'm putting all my eggs in the AT&T basket... currently I'm in line at the one across from Polaris. I'm just gonna relax, cross my fingers and see what happens. Either way, I'll have an excuse to go home and nap tomorrow all morning.

23. timize thread starter macrumors regular

timize

That's strange... when I called the Best Buy at Polaris, the rep I spoke to said there have been no indications on what stock looks like.

I'll take the gamble and wait at Best Buy at 9:45pm tonight.

24. SecondBreakfast macrumors member

Good luck! At midnight I'll wave to you guys from across the parking lot ;)

25. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

I just finished work. My pre-order comes tomorrow, but I love the spirit of the launch meet ups. I'm going to go pick up some donuts and swing by the Polaris Mall, Best Buy, Verizon and AT&T to say hi and drop of a snack. :) Brown CR-V so look for me.