Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheGuz4L

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
My iphone has a weird issue.

When my phone gets to 100% while charging it doesn't switch income to the "fully charged" plug symbol. it stays on the lightning bolt which indicates its still charging.

I checked after 8 hours of being plugged in overnight and it never changes from the lightning bolt to the plug symbol.

Does that mean its still trying to push more into the battery at 100% ( which would damage it ) a hardware issue.

Or is it wrongly indicating that its still charging? Which would be software related. Not sure if this changed with iOS 10 maybe?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
My iphone has a weird issue.

When my phone gets to 100% while charging it doesn't switch income to the "fully charged" plug symbol. it stays on the lightning bolt which indicates its still charging.

I checked after 8 hours of being plugged in overnight and it never changes from the lightning bolt to the plug symbol.

Does that mean its still trying to push more into the battery at 100% ( which would damage it ) a hardware issue.

Or is it wrongly indicating that its still charging? Which would be software related. Not sure if this changed with iOS 10 maybe?

The 'Plug' symbol has been gone for quite a few years. I believe that changed in iOS 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.