Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
IPhone 7 Pro.png

IMO, I'm convinced this is the iPhone 7 Pro. As much as I want a total redesign, this, to me, is minor, but does appear cleaner (in design) from the current 6/6+/6S/6S+.
Link:

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
Jesus, I hate the constant "My phone is better than yours" bashing between Android and Apple users and now it even happens between Apple users? Please grow up guys!
Steve Jobs was right, in that consumers are idiots and they should only make one product in one size. Apple fans were all getting along great until the 6 and 6+ came out, and then people split up and started hating on the other phone model.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Steve Jobs was right, in that consumers are idiots and they should only make one product in one size. Apple fans were all getting along great until the 6 and 6+ came out, and then people split up and started hating on the other phone model.
I've always hated the 4/4s. Long before the 6/6s came out. ;)

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
Anyone who bashes anyone else for their choice of a device is an immature person. Who care what's someone else uses!?!
Half the people on this forum do. Many buy iPhones because they are a status symbol, who associate android to the cheap and poor.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I've noticed that some SE owners love to mention that they have a SE in some threads as if it's the newest iPhone. This thread is about the iPhone 7 Pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABC5S

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I know these are just rumors (all in fun, right?), but there are too many (rumors) claiming the iPhone 7 will have a similar form factor as the current 6. However, it is within the iPhone 8, that Apple will redesign. I know I know, I won't be waiting that long for it (just saying). Anyway, I'm gearing myself to like this iPhone 7. It's time to upgrade my 5S ( still keeping my 6+though).

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
IDK. That dual camera bump is even fuglier than the current single one on the 6s. If that's the way they go I may have to reconsider my upgrade.
Yes, but with apple going thinner, I can't seem them putting a camera that won't have the bump. I'm not worried in it visually looking bad, Apple does a great job and making the phone look great.

waquzy

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
True.
Yes, but with apple going thinner, I can't seem them putting a camera that won't have the bump. I'm not worried in it visually looking bad, Apple does a great job and making the phone look great.

True. Thats why iPhone SE looks the best and performs like a beast.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Mike, based on past experience (the 6/6+, 6s/6s+) I can't agree. I still think the camera bump on my 6s+ is fugly and I doubt Apple will make it look any better with dual cameras.

I get the whole thinness thing. I'm just not a fan so far of how they've resolved the look of it.

And for those who will suggest that I slap a case on the phone and therefore hide this blemish, know right now - I don't do cases. ;)

Reactions: BeeGood and 5105973

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
So Apple will unveil 3 iPhones in September? i think it's more possible that they will reveal the iPhone 7 4.7" and call the 5.5" the iPhone 7 Pro (or iPhone Pro). if what's added is the dual camera it makes more sense to do that with the 5.5" than it does creating a separate phone just for the dual camera feature.

I'm also not convinced we will see the smart connector on the iPhone.

Reactions: ABC5S

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
so what is the point of the smart connector? the 5'5 i can see being called the pro as a better camera is expected

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
In the PC/Mac days of old, I was a happy warrior, taking the PC side, but it was in ignorance, as I never used a Mac for more than a few minutes.
After getting a Mac, and hating it for a month, I love it.

That is when I realized that it's a tool thing. You don't use a hammer where a screwdriver will do, or a tape measure when you need a socket wrench. You use the right tool for the job.

So, when someone says they love their Android, good for them! If someone loves their 6SE, and it works for them, great! Mrs. thequik loves her 6S, and I love my 6+, and 2 of my kids have 6S+ phones, because they work for us.

In the end, when I'm on my death bed, I'm probably not going to be thinking, "Man, I should have gone to war over the new Chinese phone that Fignuts on Macrumors was so proud of in 2017."

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
What will they use the smart connector for? Cannot think of any use for it that they can't potentially use the Lightning port for.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Half the people on this forum do. Many buy iPhones because they are a status symbol, who associate android to the cheap and poor.

What does that have anything to do with you (and like-minded individuals) who take a swipe at SE owners any chance they get.

Really...what do you care so much if they elect to buy a SE as opposed to a 6/6s?

Lay off already...

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Even with that clarification, his comment still hits the mark. ;)
Right…

And Apple didn't have the 12" PowerBook G4, the 15" PowerBook G4 and the 17" PowerBook G4 all while Steve was alive. Nor did Apple have the Mac Mini, two different sizes of the iMac and also there was no difference in size with the MacBook Pros and the Airs.

Lets not forget about the iPod Nanos, the iPod Shuffles and the iPods Touches.

Steve was dead long before all that happened I'm sure! ;)

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
What does that have anything to do with you (and like-minded individuals) who take a swipe at SE owners any chance they get.

Really...what do you care so much if they elect to buy a SE as opposed to a 6/6s?

Lay off already...
I don't care, but the hundreds of posts I've read from others here say many do see the iPhone as a status symbol.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I don't care, but the hundreds of posts I've read from others here say many do see the iPhone as a status symbol.

That's probably why they want a design change so everyone they meet or see in the street know that they have the latest iPhone. To me it doesn't matter I like the current design, adding a dual camera to it would be great, maybe 256GB option as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.