iPhone Alert tones stuttering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfanrutler, Nov 6, 2011.

1. macfanrutler macrumors regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Whenever I get an alert (a new text message or email) the alert tone seems to stutter. It's almost like it is duplicating itself at first.

For texts I am using Tri-tone and this is where I notice it the most.

Any advice?
  2. willsoriano macrumors member

Mar 21, 2011
    I had the same problem, I tried hard resetting the phone twice and that didn't work. So I then truer turning off iMessages off and back on which did work. But that made iMessages cease to function for a while. It would show my caller ID as my email rather than phone.
  3. macfanrutler thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 13, 2010
    So it seems to be limited to just the Message tone and it does not matter which one it is.

I have turned of the notification center but that didn't help.
  4. DanielCarroll macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2011
    Stutter fix

Go in to settings, the. Sounds. Look at the option that says vibrate, make sure it is off. That should fix the problem. It worked for me!
  5. orange42 macrumors 6502a

Apr 12, 2009
    That just takes off vibrate and ring?
  6. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

Aug 7, 2007
    My wife's iphone4 does the same thing. No idea why
  7. serval macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    Mine does the same thing ... it seems to happen only when it is locked.

This thread is about the same problem and includes a video of the behavior / sound:

There they suggest turning the phone on and off will make it stop for a couple days but that the behavior returns after that.

I'll be going to the Apple Store to see if they can fix it or at least to identify the issue and hope that it will be addressed in a future update.
  8. Whex5 macrumors newbie

Feb 1, 2012
    I fix it!!

:apple: I actually fix it by just changing the tone, :p :D
  9. gagandeep90 macrumors newbie

May 29, 2012
    There is a fix posted for this issue where you do not need to turn off vibrate or turn off view in lock screen. Go to the following link to read it. http://iostricks.com/double-text-message-ringtone-fix-iphone-4s-and-iphone-4-131