iPhone all of a sudden not downloading .mac email inbox properly?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kdog1176, Jun 30, 2008.

1. kdog1176 macrumors member

Is anyone else all of a sudden having issues with the iPhone not downloading the .mac email inbox properly? There is email in my .mac inbox, but all I see in inbox on iPhone is either a weird "blank message" I can't open or the "Loading new messages" message which if I click does nothing. This behavior started all of a sudden since my .me addy started to work.

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I think that some hiccups are to be expected as the MobileMe switch starts. I haven't experienced any problems as of yet (with mail).

3. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

You may find these are issues that you will experience, while Apple are indeed setting up the Mobile Me service for a launch in early July.

R-Fly

4. kdog1176 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I figured as much, was curious to see if others were having same issue. It did just start happening when the .me address was activated. The "blank message" even shows a 12/31/00 date if I hit edit at the top of mailbox. But can't delete or open it. After a few messages pile up I start to see them, but I still have the "Loading More Messages" message that won't go away.

5. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Mine seems OK right now... probably just a glitch.

6. kdog1176 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

So far it just seems to be a problem with my iPhone. The mail app on my MacBook is working fine.

7. pavvento macrumors 6502

I've been having a weird problem on my phone where I read my mail, go back to the home screen and it says I have mail, and the mail I have read stays as unread.

8. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

My .Mac mail seems to be taking forever to load on my phone and Mac. So this probably due to MobileMe?

9. AboveTheChaos macrumors regular

I've actually had sporatic problems getting .mac mail the past couple of days. Sometimes it would work and other times, it wouldn't. I'm hoping it's only temporary to get ready for mobileme. If so, I don't mind the minor interuptions.

10. camarobh macrumors 6502

Mine is OK

My .MAC mail is working just fine. Yesterday I tested the .me email address which also worked.

11. kdog1176 thread starter macrumors member

I'm still having problems. No emails are downloading to iphone inbox.

12. kdog1176 thread starter macrumors member

Well I just read 10.5.4 was released

13. kdog1176 thread starter macrumors member

resolved

Went ahead and restored the iPhone and I am no longer having any issues. My .mac email is now downloading to my iPhone's inbox with no problems. Something must had caused this random "blank message" with a 12/31/00 date to get "stuck" somewhere and it was the root cause of the problems I was having. Thanks.