Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LGShepherd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Teesside, United Kingdom
Hi MR!!

I recently sold my iPhone 4 when I upgraded to the iPhone 5 and I have just opened iMessage on my Air and a message saying my iMessage accounts have been added to another iPhone. I can only assume that this is my old iPhone 4, but what is odd is that I restored the iPhone 4 as a new phone and it wasn't activated it when I sold it.

I've reset my iCloud/Apple ID password already, but I was wondering if there is another way to ensure that whoever has the iPhone won't receive my iMessages. I will contact the shop I sold it to, but I was hoping that there would be a quicker way to see what devices my iMessage is set up on and have them removed.

Thanks

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Seen a few other random posts about this sort of thing. We recently switched phone numbers on an iphone. A few strange posts showed up that made no sense, and were from weeks or months ago. They seem to have gone away. Also, the phone with the new number was transmitting the old number at first.

Maybe ATT does not send updates to Apple in real time when ATT changes something on a phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.