iphone and indash dvd player in car

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensarecool, Mar 31, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

2. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a

How are you connecting it? You need the iPod/iphone connection kit for that unit. I have a Pioneer and mine was like $40. You need it to plug into your iPhone and the other end goes into USB and the AUX jack. If you don't have the USB connection, videos won't play, you can only do audio thru the Aux input.

Edit. You need to read up on your product man...

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KSU30/JVC-KS-U30-iPod-A-V-cable.html

3. aliensarecool, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012

aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

i have a USB port that comes out, then i plug my iphone data cable into that...if i choose to control it thru the HU then the artwork shows, but if i choose to control through my phone then it doesn't. it's much more slow and lags when i control the song thru the HU > iphone...

any reccomendations on a cheap mp3 player so i can use it strictly for my car? would a thumb drive be any different than using an ipod/iphone? in terms of quality or whatever else?

edit: in that pic all i have is a USB port, which my iphone cable will then plug in to...do i need the rest>

4. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a

You need that unit there if you want to make everything work right. If you can take it back I would. Stick with Pioneer or Kenwood.

5. aliensarecool, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012

aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

i got this one cuz i could pop off the faceplate...what did u spend on yours?

also should the screen be high quality when displaying the artwork, mine isn't that great