iPhone and time capsule uses?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mdavenport, Dec 28, 2011.

1. mdavenport macrumors member

Hi,
    I have just purchased a 2TB time capsule and am wanting to get the most out of it using my other devices, specifically my iPhone 4s.* So far I have configured this to be my wifi network attached to my 50mb virgin media ISP.
    My questions are based around gettin the most out of this device when using my PC, iPhone, iPad and newly purchased apple tv:-
    1. I plan to backup my PC to this TC.* If I had a mac I could use time machine but being as I have a pc what is recommend to perform the backup to the TC?* I am looking for a bare metal type of backup.* Can acronis true image backup to the TC and more importantly boot and restore from the TC?
    2. My iTunes library is currently stored on my pc.* Is there any value in moving this to the time capsule for use with other devices like iPhone or apple tv?* Will I be able to play my entire iTunes music library direct from the TC to iPhone, apple tv etc?
    3. I have connected my printer to the TC (non AirPrint printer).* I can print from my pc using bonjour print services.* Should I now be able to print from my iPhone to the printer via the TC?
    4. My old wifi router supported dydns.* It doesn't look like the TC does.* Is there a way to get a standard free dydns account working on the TC?
    5. My TC appears to run quite hot,* is this normal?
    6. Do you have any other cool uses for the TC that you would be willing to share and that would enhance my existing apple portfolio of product (apart from the PC)?

7. Is it best to store all data on the TC and back this up to the PC or store all on PC and jut use the TC for backups?
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Thanks
    Mark

2. BiggAW macrumors 68020

A. I'm jealous of your 50mb internet connection.

B. Wrong forum. Belongs with the TC stuff.

3. mdavenport thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

Not sure how and where to move it to?

Mods, can u assist?

Thanks

4. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Mod would need to move. I don't know if there's a dedicated forum, it may have to go in an accessory forum, since it is about TC. PM a mod if you need to.