iPhone and Virgin Media

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ademordna, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Ademordna macrumors regular

Does anyone here - from the UK particularly - use Virgin Media with their iPhone? I'm interested in finding out a little more about how supportive they are, what issues people may have experienced, etc.

I am already signed to a 1 yr contract with them, which I am really satisfied with and for which they provided me with a Samsung Galaxy Y free of charge. I have been told that they will send me a micro sim if I choose to swap to the iPhone but may experience trouble with surfing the web - which they cannot assist with. This sounds a bit odd???

I am hoping to get the iPhone 4S for xmas, so any info now would be really helpful.
    Thanks!

2. Ademordna, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012

Ademordna thread starter macrumors regular

3. shawkins002 macrumors newbie

I've been using a Virgin micro sim in my iPhone 4 for ages, works fine. Cut it to nano size tonight and seems OK in my new iPhone 5 too. The only thing I notice is that when it switches from the Virgin network to T-mobile / Orange, it sometimes takes a short while to get going again. But only 10 seconds or so, and on the plus side, coverage is pretty good.

4. Ademordna thread starter macrumors regular

That's good to know!
    I'm really puzzled as to why they don't wish to get involved if there are any web issues, though. I understand that apps are going to be an Apple thing, so Virgin (tied as they are to Samsung) won't have much to do with that....but to avoid giving connection assistance.....weird.

I recall when I got my first MacbookPro in 2008, they told me that they couldn't assist any issues I may experience whatsoever. Nowadays they are happy to help. It's like they're a bit slow getting on board with Apple.