iPhone - Apple Care, or not? Price of Battery Replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerbook911, Dec 23, 2008.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

One of my iPhones is about to expire on the 1 year warranty.

Don't know if I should get Applecare on it, or just buy a new one, when it goes out, it's eligible for the discount pricing on that line already.

If you have Applecare, if you call in and say the battery doesn't work good, are they good about letting you send it in to swap it out for that, during the Apple care period?

Or, if I didn't get Applecare and just called because of the battery, how much is that, to get fixed (aka replaced)?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

What i would do is run down the battery iPhone, and turn it off. Then take it in, and start it up, and show the usage stats to the Genius. If he's nice, he will probably switch it.

You never know though. It won't hurt if you try.

3. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

IMO, I have the Apple care on all my apple products, well worth it.. especially if you don't plan on getting a new phone anytime soon.

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I bought AppleCare after having 3 phones replaced after they broke. I would rather know that it is covered under warranty for the full term of my contract. So much for depending on Apple quality.

5. dave-dave macrumors newbie

atleast from a mac perspective here, not an iphone one, the apple care paid for itself X5 in one appointment. They replaced the logic board which apparently costed about $1,000 in parts and labor. Good thing I had the warranty :p

6. TubbyCow macrumors member

does applecare cover batteries for the iphone...it does not cover batteries on macs

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

When I bought my AppleCare for iPhone at the local Apple store, the rep said it does.

8. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

If you have AppleCare, batteries are free...If you don't they are $10,000,000,000,000.....each:eek:

I'm totally kidding and have no idea..... :confused:Sorry

9. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Many, many month's ago I asked Apple about the replacement cost of the battery. I believe they said out of warranty the price was $75.00 USD, I don't know if that included shipping.

10. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ Yup, battery BAD!