iPhone Apple Store Reservation Question ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bandofbrothers, Sep 25, 2012.

1. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi.

After getting over my worries about the issues with the iPhone 5 ,I'm wanting to reserve one at my local apple store.

As my work shift patterns can change at the last minute would I be penalised in any way if I reserved one ,but could not get to the apple store to collect it ?

2. kashyap02004 macrumors member

I don't think so. That would be so bad. I don't think apple will ever do that. However, these are just my thoughts. I am not confirming that.

3. bryancee macrumors regular

I think last time they did this you had to pick it up before a certain time, if you didn't get it than it could be sold that day. I may be wrong though, not sure. I would just call and ask.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

from what i read, it said that if you didnt pick it up within 24 hours, they would refund your money and cancel your reservation.

5. jerrahh macrumors regular

i asked the lady helping me today with that. she said when you reserve its paid for and your name is put on it and locked away, she said i could pick it up when ever i feel like it. it wont be giving out.

6. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I'm reserving one on the apple site to collect from Meadowhall in Sheffield. The reply was i'll get an e mail by 9pm tonight if I'm successful.

Would I be able to collect it on Friday or does it HAVE to be the next day !?

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i made my purchase at 1am, when it went live here in NJ. i got the confirmation email within minutes, then the email telling me to come pick it up around 9am. from what i read earlier somewhere else online, it said that if the phone wasnt picked up in 24 hrs of the notification then you would be refunded and the phone put back into circulation. but who knows.

8. jerrahh macrumors regular

the apple employee told me they hold it for at least 2 weeks, and i can get a 60 day extension of i wanted.