iPhone as your desktop device?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Undecided, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Undecided macrumors 6502a

So with the advent of the iPhone 4S and screen mirroring, how far are we from the iPhone being your main (not only, but main) device, not just for consumption but also for creation?

I mean, add Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, maybe TeamViewer, and a bluetooth keyboard and connect it to a smallish LCD (10-13") when at the desk (otherwise, leave it behind)....why not?

Certainly, it doesn't do Photoshop, or development, or many other industry-specific things, but for typical office-type work....? Mmmm.

[​IMG]

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

neat idea... I am not use how well it would work. Allthough you could use it as a word processor.

3. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I think it can come pretty close to those things you say it can't do. That being said, I do use my iPad more than my MacBook. Surfing, forums, news, entertainment & even some of my school work I do on my iPad. As far as mirroring goes I would use it, & have to stream videos or music to my apple tv2. I use the stream to me app on my iPad which I can browse my MacBook or NAS & then play any type of file. Pretty sweet.