iPhone back ups are taking too long!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by High0n0xygen, Jan 6, 2012.

1. High0n0xygen macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4 (GSM) running 5.0.1 jailbroken with redsn0w and it takes too long to back up. It takes like 4 hours to back up and then when I want to restore my iPhone it says the back up is corrupt and cannot be restored with that back up. So I deleted every single thing (apps, photos and videos) other than my music because its gonna take too long to download all that again. So my back ups were working fine until I threw like 3 movies onto iTunes. I can't exactly remember what happened but I closed iTunes when it was about to back up. And please don't tell me that it is because of my iPhone being jailbroken because I have tried it jailbroken and non-jailbroken on both 4.3.3 and 5.0.1. So I am really sick of this because I cannot back up my iPhone at all! Please is their a solution?

2. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Try setting up as new, then re jailbreaking and then give a backup a shot with a empty phone. If that works, add everything back and try a backup. Movies can b slow to go from iTunes to the phone.

3. High0n0xygen thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I have tried like 45 times by setting up as new, because I can't back up my phone at all. Nothing seems to work. Once it finished in like 2 minutes but it didn't save as a back up. I don't know this is really frustrating. I still feel that it is because I had closed iTunes when it was backing up. So is there a way that i can fix that??

4. google macrumors regular

There is used to be a thread that showed how to speed up backup process. I had to re-do my PC and I cant stand it how long it takes.