iPhone Backups Mountain Lion?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by northy124, Dec 2, 2012.

1. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Hello,

I am looking for the iPhone backups, I have gone through various folders and I cannot find it... I want to find it so I can make a copy in the event that I lose my contacts when I transfer them to the Address Book as I am trying to transfer numbers to the work BlackBerry and it is becoming a real PITA to do.

If someone could help me with either finding the backups or tell me an easier way to transfer numbers to BlackBerry from iPhone that would be great (the iPhone is a 3G with iOS 4.0.1 Jailbroken/Unlocked with redsn0w [I think]).

Cheers

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Do you have outlook? If so, you could just sync your iPhone contacts to Outlook and sync them from Outlook to your BB.

3. northy124, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012

northy124 thread starter macrumors 68020

northy124

No but I could get myself a copy from work, is it really that easy? :eek:

Thank you :)

Edit: Apparently I already have it (must have come with Word I guess :confused:), how do I sync between iPhone and Outlook?

4. propalitet macrumors member

Just search for "contacts backup" in the app store, "my contacts backup" seems ok, it creates one, and then you can email it to yourself.

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

You can sync between Outlook and iPhone through iTunes under "Info"

You can sync BB and OutLook through BlackBerry Desktop.

You can also set up gmail as an exchange account on your iPhone and sync your contacts that way to gmail. Now when you have your BB, setup gmail again and your contacts will download. Make sure you keep do a backup before doing as gmail sync has deleted all my contacts before. Here try this.