Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Does anyone know how many battery cycles we should get out of an iphone, I mean how long do the battery's last.

I have followed the tips on this Forum, I keep my Brightness to 25% all the time, I turn off 3G when at home on Wifi, I always goto the home screen to put my phone to sleep and as often as I can, I will charge my iphone when it is off so I can get the best charge I can.

I think my uMB has 300 cycles on the battery which is roughly 1-2 years, anyone have a clue how long a battery will last on an iPhone, because I was thinking of getting the $69 Applecare just to keep my unit fresh until 2011 when I am eligible to upgrade at discounted pricing again.:rolleyes:

Surklyn

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2009
Does anyone know how many battery cycles we should get out of an iphone, I mean how long do the battery's last.

I have followed the tips on this Forum, I keep my Brightness to 25% all the time, I turn off 3G when at home on Wifi, I always goto the home screen to put my phone to sleep and as often as I can, I will charge my iphone when it is off so I can get the best charge I can.

I think my uMB has 300 cycles on the battery which is roughly 1-2 years, anyone have a clue how long a battery will last on an iPhone, because I was thinking of getting the $69 Applecare just to keep my unit fresh until 2011 when I am eligible to upgrade at discounted pricing again.:rolleyes:

I have heard that the battery life cycles for the 3GS is around 400 cycles.. and that is 400 cycles from FULL battery to Dead. Apparently if you charge your phone at 50% you have only used a half cycle charge (from what others are saying). Meaning you could charge your phone twice at 50% and only use 1 cycle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.