iPhone battery is crapping out, how do I go about replacing my phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IndianBird, Jun 3, 2010.

1. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

I'm still under warranty for about 3 more weeks. I've noticed it seemed a bit off the last few weeks but tonight sealed the deal for me. I had it charged to about 85-90 percent before I left my house at 5:30 p.m. I got home at 9 p.m. and the phone was dead. 3 1/2 hours for a nearly full battery and I had 2 texts and about 5 minutes of data usage during that time.

My question is can I take it to AT&T and have them replace it there, or am I going to need to fill out the online service request and send it in to Apple? Going to the Apple store is out of the question for me, the nearest one is about 2 hours away.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. IndianBird thread starter macrumors 6502a

bump?

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

The warranty is with Apple, not AT&T, so you will either have to contact Apple have have a replacement done that way, or make the trip to a store.

4. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

yeah just goto the store. 2 hours is rough but its worth it before your warranty runs out. you can make an appointment online at the store youll be going to. youll be in and out in 10 minutes. I wouldnt want to send my phone away. I got mine replaced last week for a faulty radio lol. I dont hate AT&T anymore.

5. IndianBird thread starter macrumors 6502a