Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baz178

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Hi could anybody tell me if this battery is ok in my new iPhone 6 please ?

1st charge only charged to 95% as had to go out in a rush and need phone.

2nd charge 100%

3rd charge 100% then usage from that charge today was below.

just wanted to no if there was anything to worry about the battery ? and I also restored my iPhone when bought Saturday than stating fresh.

Attachments

• IMG_0512.PNG
    IMG_0512.PNG
    112.9 KB · Views: 77

Baz178

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
if anybody could give me some information, I would be grateful thanks

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Hmm depends but I know Facebook is a huge battery drain and so is safari. It all depends how much you actually used those.

Baz178

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Hmm depends but I know Facebook is a huge battery drain and so is safari. It all depends how much you actually used those.

would you just see how it goes or start a fresh instead of recovering ?

Baz178

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
I normally set the phone as new as opposed to restoring from backup. Usually avoids lots of issues and has better battery life.

would it cause any problems if I did that now ? would I have to do all my contacts again ? stuff like that ?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
would it cause any problems if I did that now ? would I have to do all my contacts again ? stuff like that ?

If you have contact stored in icloud, you shouldn't have to worry about doing all your contacts again. Go to settings --> iCloud --> Contacts, make sure that is on.

It shouldn't cause any problems, just make sure you back up your photos and your contacts first.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City

Like the comment above said, if in the cloud then the contacts will be fine. Messages would be lost. Pictures could be saved if you're using iCloud Photo library... And the apps you can install again.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
My very first charge/drain stunk. Then I ended up doing a full restore from a backup and resync and the first one after that stunk too... but then yesterday I got about:

battery: 48%
use: 9h 20m
standby: 13h 20m

A lot of use was music listening.... but that's a lot of my use all the time. Some of it was safari and a bit was facebook.

This is better than my iphone 5 battery was so that's good. Will keep monitoring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.