iPhone Battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NetCritic, Jul 24, 2012.

1. NetCritic macrumors newbie

Hi, I know how to replace a battery on an iPhone just for the record, so please don't post on how to do it.:D

My battery lasts about 4 hours used+ over 36 hours standby from 100% to 20%.
    I wondering if that's a good amount.:):p:cool:

Also I'm wondering if there is a way to add a battery pack that is better than the one that comes stock. I know that many android phones can have bigger batteries installed into them, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a battery for iPhone that will make it last longer than the stock batteries.:confused::confused:

I've never heard anyone talk on forums anywhere about this, and I searched and only found external ones, and also the original/stock type ones...

Anyone know of anything?:confused:

2. cynics macrumors G4

Depending on what you are doing that's good usage.

While anything is possible there isn't a good way to install a larger battery because unlike a lot of android phones the battery is not user removable (average user). You could rig something I'm sure.

However there are companies like "mophie" that make cases that that have batteries built into them. They will charge the phone.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

There's a fixed amount of space for the battery. You can't fit more cells in the same amount of space. In some cases the Android devices have higher capacity batteries that are the same size as stock but in many cases they're physically larger batteries that come with new battery doors.

4. NetCritic thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm aware that they would have to be physically larger.:(

What I wanted to know was if any company actually did make physically larger batteries, not that I'd actually buy them:D, but I'm asking just out of curiosity.

----------

I also have a broken solar charger which works as an external battery pack.

It used to charge with by itself, but it broke after a while, so I plug it into my PC via USB to charge, and take it around with me in case of emergencies.

I guess it's similar to the one mentioned that fits on like a case.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

But now i sort of have a different question, if you buy a new battery from a dealer somewhere online, is it possible to find one that's gonna last longer than the ion battery in the 4s, but keep the same size?

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

while I love that idea.... holey ugly!