Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
This happened to me both on iOS 6 and 7... And I have no bloody clue why it does this.
Fortunately, I managed to grab a video and pic as a proof... Is something wrong with the display connector on the inside???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 171

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
So does a reboot or restore fix this? I assume something "fixes" it since you mentioned this happens on two different versions of iOS. My feeling is it isn't a connection issue if a simple reboot/restore fixes it.

Comment

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
This happened to me both on iOS 6 and 7... And I have no bloody clue why it does this.
Fortunately, I managed to grab a video and pic as a proof... Is something wrong with the display connector on the inside???

More than likely a hardware issue. It could be a bad connector, or even a faulty GPU which would require a full logic board replacement (if not a full phone swap-out). In any case, if a restore doesn't fix it, then it's time to make a trip to he Apple Store.

Comment

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
So does a reboot or restore fix this? I assume something "fixes" it since you mentioned this happens on two different versions of iOS. My feeling is it isn't a connection issue if a simple reboot/restore fixes it.

Nope. Reboot or restore doesn't fix anything. I'm back to iOS 6 and it just happened when I woke up.

----------

More than likely a hardware issue. It could be a bad connector, or even a faulty GPU which would require a full logic board replacement (if not a full phone swap-out). In any case, if a restore doesn't fix it, then it's time to make a trip to he Apple Store.

Looks like Apple store will do..
But the service here in Korea is crap though. For some weird reason, I've had five faulty iPhones 5 so far, and none seems to be perfect. I got the
phones replaced for battery, battery, camera, dead pixel issues. This fifth one is just going crazy with the display....

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.