iPhone body/case modifications? - Upgrade/modify the actual body of the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdaniel, Dec 22, 2009.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

So far I have found 2 sites that claim/actually do modifications or upgrade the case.

http://www.gigapascal.com/iPhone.html sounds all good and fantastic but hes been telling me for months before xmas and its 1 week before xmas... nothing... so I say ********...

ww.colorwarepc.com/p-194-iphone-3g.aspx is paint so I dont know how great the quality and how would it wear but they seem to be a big reputable company...

Any others?? I have searched high and low but these seem to be it if you guys have more info pls let me know. No slips on cases please just mods to the body itself.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Since my iphone is in a case, I see little benefit on paying $$ to modify the case when its going to be covered anyways (and the risk of them damaging it)

3. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

I would presume that these are custom cases and not a coating for your current case. They say they replace the battery as well which seems a bit odd.

I do like the look of that coating though.

4. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

coating you mean colorware?

5. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Colorware either changes the plastic back with a colored back or paints over your original plastic back. Not sure which one.

Gigapascal's kevlar thing is a joke or sth like that. Clicking the buy link shows they will ship 'in your dreams' and the iPod one shows 'Out of Stock' (has been like that since the website appeared).

6. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

This might seem out of place but i looked at the price to see how much it was and it said the availability of the iPhone modification was Ships In: Your Dreams and the iPod touch one sold out. Does this make any sense or is it just me.

7. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Oh i see you posted it before i could lol :p

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Colorware has a great reputation for their custom painted cases.

For much bigger bucks, Goldstriker (click here) will add gold, leather or diamond case modifications.

9. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

I dont know the gigapascal thing has been reviewed but who knows with the net it could be ********...I have emailed the guy before and he responded that it would be out before the holidays again ********... so yeah... u might be right... will check the latest info out....

thanks keep em coming

10. chuk macrumors newbie

colorware is very reputable and does very high quality work

they are a spinoff of alienware, used to do all the coloring of their systems years ago

cant speak to the other companies, i don't have any experience with them

11. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

The gigapascal thing is fake btw I never heard back and the page was never updated.