iPhone buying strategy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dondiego87, Dec 26, 2011.

1. dondiego87 macrumors newbie

So I want to buy an iPhone 4s (black, 32GB, AT&T) with my Christmas winnings, and I'm trying to figure out how I want to go about it. Here are my options:

• Order it online with a shipping estimate of 1-2 weeks
    • Check the in-store availability for nearby Apple Retail Stores (2), AT&T locations (1), and Authorized Resellers a few times every day, then reserve one as as soon as I see it available.
    Which do you think will get the phone in my hands faster? Thanks!

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

The fastest thing you can do is call each one of the places and ask for yourself.
    You will waste time waiting here for someone to give you an answer.

3. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Don't forget electronics retailers like Best Buy. They sell them too.

4. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

This. A bunch of my friends got them at Radio Shack too after giving up on the whole reserve process through the Apple Store. I happened to get lucky and called an Apple Store the morning they received a shipment so it can happen any way. My suggestion is to check anywhere you can possibly get it if you want it ASAP or just order online through AT&T and be guaranteed you will eventually have one. Good luck.

5. dondiego87 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I meant by Authorized Resellers — Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc.

Calling and asking when they expect it to be back in stock is a good idea, will do.

Anybody have experience ordering online from Apple with a shipping estimate of 1-2 weeks? Was it closer to 1 or 2 by the time it got to you?

6. dondiego87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just checked the "Reserve" page for my local Apple store, and I'll be picking it up tomorrow :D

Thanks all for your suggestions.

7. gabe211 macrumors member

I ordered through Apple on the 25th, got a delivery estimate of Jan. 10 - Jan. 18th. It's still showing my order as "processed" and they have not charged me for my order yet. I'll keep you updated if you'd like!

8. VydorScope macrumors regular

VydorScope

heh, On the day the iPhone 4s released, I walked into an ATT store near where I live around noon and bought one. 2 Days before Christmas.. I walked into a different ATT store, this time in Nashville and bought one for my wife. I dunno what all this "I have to reserve a phone" is for. :D :D

9. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

It's just a bunch of overly excited hipsters and internet addicts who obsess about using technology to buy more technology rather than being a normal human being who walks into a store. Congrats on being the latter.

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Certainly not posting a thread on a discussion forum and waiting for answers.

11. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

I would call ahea, and see if you can get one without a yellow screen and bad batt -