iPhone Camera Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lyngo, Mar 7, 2013.

1. lyngo macrumors 6502

Hey everyone!

I will keep this brief. My iPhone 5 was purchased back in late October and I just noticed that there is an issue with the camera. I have some spotting when taking pictures with the phone meaning there is something underneath the lense cover of some sorts.

My question is a simple one. Has anyone had this issue and had their phone replaced at the Genius Bar? I don't want to drive 45 minutes to the nearest apple store without knowing other people's experiences. I tried doing some research on this topic, but hear many personal stories. I don't have AppleCare+, but I wondered if the one year manufacturing warranty would cover something like this? I do have Square Trade.

Let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks ahead of time.

2. chrscap macrumors regular

Restore and test camera again to make sure it's not the software. Apple will replace the unit. Make an appointment.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

ca you see any dust under the lens? my first phone i got had a speck of dust stuck to the inside of the lens. i took it to the apple store and they were able to clean it out in a few minutes. genius said sometimes it happens due to the manufacturing process. i would suggest taking it in to them and if they cant clean it, they will probably replace the phone under warranty.

4. lyngo thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay... Quick update. The phone is factory reset and the problem is persisting. Genius Bar appointment made for this weekend.

5. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

Yep, should be some foreign particle stuck between the lens and the camera protector. let us know what they told in in the Store.

6. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

This is a very common issue. Take it to Apple. They will replace it for free.

7. lyngo thread starter macrumors 6502

I went to Apple this weekend and was in and out in 10 minutes with a replacement phone.