iPhone cannot find Wi-Fi networks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LadyX, Sep 5, 2014.

1. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

This just started out of the blue and only a few hours ago. I've had my iPhone 5s for months and I've never experienced this before even with my other phones. I have Wi-Fi enabled but my Wi-Fi network is not listed. The router is placed in a room adjoined to the one I'm currently in with the doors open. When I go into the room where the router is, the iPhone would find my network and it would connect to it immediately. When I walk out and back into the adjoining room, it would lose the Wi-Fi signal and I don't see it listed anymore. Like I said, this started all of a sudden. I have a Samsung S4 and an iPhone 5 next to me and I'm currently typing this on my Pro and all of these devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network so there's nothing wrong with the signal. So the issue is with my 5s, I have to be close to the router in order for the iPhone to connect to it and if this is the case then I'd always have to be close to routers or it won't find any. Any help?

I've tried:
    - restarting iPhone
    - resetting network settings
    - factory reset

Attached Files:

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Did you try to, once connected while standing next to the router, "forget this network?" from the iPhone and then re-add it?

Otherwise, save a full restore, I think you've done all the troubleshooting you can - that I could think of. The next step would be to find a different Wifi network, one that you trust, and see if you can replicate the problem there too. After that, I'd say a trip to an Apple Store or a certified Apple repair shop in your area.

3. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

Yes I've tried forgetting the network. No change. I had a full wi-fi signal, then I went into the other room and it went down to two bars then one then to cellular data.

I tried the downstairs router, same issue. I have to actually be in the room for the iPhone to detect and connect to the network.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

It appears, to me, a trip to the store is going to be necessary. Was there any physical damage done to it recently, like an accidental drop?

5. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

None whatsoever. Very strange.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

Could be a hardware issue. Maybe take it into apple, seems like it would be easy to diagnose.