iPhone case protection without a case

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richmds, Oct 9, 2012.

1. richmds macrumors regular

So question for iPhone 5 owners. Is there a protector or wrap that is not a case that will protect all sides of the iPhone? Similar to the screen protectors but also protecting the edges and back?

I did the case with previous iPhones and realized I like the phone better without a case, but I also want to prevent scratches or gouges in the metal from accidental drops or scrapes on rough surfaces (asphalt, cement walls, etc...
    Since the 5 has varying degrees from back to front I dont see how the chamfered edges could be protected without a case.

Curious whats out there or if someone came up with something.

2. Moneymiike420 macrumors regular

Moneymiike420

3. ccwestcliff macrumors member

Well, not really what you ask for, but I have this: http://www.thesnugg.com/iphone-5-cases/

Whenever I use my phone, I get it out and have no case around it when using it but it is still protected if I don't.

Perfect fit btw and I am very pleased!

4. richmds thread starter macrumors regular

5. motty2307 macrumors regular

I tried the InvisbleShield and didn't like it on my iPhone 4. Ended up tearing it off and buying a Wrapsol. I'll never go back. I'm rocking a full body Wrapsol on my iPhone 5 and it's great. Covers all sides of the phone and is ridiculously easy to install.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Ghost armor protects it on the front, back, and sides. They are in most malls and have a lifetime guarantee.

7. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502

Does the Ghost Armor work well with the iPhone 5? Has anyone tested it? Dumb question probably, but does it prevent the screen from shattering?

8. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

This one does exactly that...can't even tell there is something on it. I have 3 of them. - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150921719888

I also picked up one of these first. It's a little thicker but still VERY minimal as far as size goes...both offer scratch protection. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/300778344117?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

9. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

GF has it on her phone and you cannot tell it is there aside from the different feel that you get from a screen protector.

10. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I just ordered the full body wrapsol for my iPhone 5 from amazon because of your recommendation...