iPhone case protection without a case

richmds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
So question for iPhone 5 owners. Is there a protector or wrap that is not a case that will protect all sides of the iPhone? Similar to the screen protectors but also protecting the edges and back?

I did the case with previous iPhones and realized I like the phone better without a case, but I also want to prevent scratches or gouges in the metal from accidental drops or scrapes on rough surfaces (asphalt, cement walls, etc...
Since the 5 has varying degrees from back to front I dont see how the chamfered edges could be protected without a case.

Curious whats out there or if someone came up with something.

motty2307

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
I tried the InvisbleShield and didn't like it on my iPhone 4. Ended up tearing it off and buying a Wrapsol. I'll never go back. I'm rocking a full body Wrapsol on my iPhone 5 and it's great. Covers all sides of the phone and is ridiculously easy to install.

Comment

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Ghost armor protects it on the front, back, and sides. They are in most malls and have a lifetime guarantee.

Comment

KimMelton661

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Does the Ghost Armor work well with the iPhone 5? Has anyone tested it? Dumb question probably, but does it prevent the screen from shattering?

Comment

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011
So question for iPhone 5 owners. Is there a protector or wrap that is not a case that will protect all sides of the iPhone? Similar to the screen protectors but also protecting the edges and back?

I did the case with previous iPhones and realized I like the phone better without a case, but I also want to prevent scratches or gouges in the metal from accidental drops or scrapes on rough surfaces (asphalt, cement walls, etc...
Since the 5 has varying degrees from back to front I dont see how the chamfered edges could be protected without a case.

Curious whats out there or if someone came up with something.
This one does exactly that...can't even tell there is something on it. I have 3 of them. - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150921719888

I also picked up one of these first. It's a little thicker but still VERY minimal as far as size goes...both offer scratch protection. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/300778344117?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Comment

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Does the Ghost Armor work well with the iPhone 5? Has anyone tested it? Dumb question probably, but does it prevent the screen from shattering?
GF has it on her phone and you cannot tell it is there aside from the different feel that you get from a screen protector.

Comment

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
I tried the InvisbleShield and didn't like it on my iPhone 4. Ended up tearing it off and buying a Wrapsol. I'll never go back. I'm rocking a full body Wrapsol on my iPhone 5 and it's great. Covers all sides of the phone and is ridiculously easy to install.
I just ordered the full body wrapsol for my iPhone 5 from amazon because of your recommendation...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.