iPhone Charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Oct 11, 2012.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68030

ghsNick

So I have the little wall adapter for my iPhone to charge at night...but when I travel I bring the wall charger that came with my iPad (the one that's a little bigger) and my iPhone charges faster...is it okay for the battery to use the iPad Charging Wall Adapter on the iPhone 5?

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

3. iceman027 macrumors member

apple store employee told me to use the ipad charger for "faster charges" for my iphone when I bought an ipad

4. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

I've been using the iPad charger since day 1. Perfect.

5. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Apple have always shown the 10w charger as iPhone compatible.

[​IMG]

6. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

You can charge your iPhone with the iPad charger no problems. However, it does NOT charge any faster as the iPhone will only ever draw 1amp.

I tested this to confirm it. Ran both my iPhone 4 and my wife's down so they powered off. Connected one to the iPad charger and one to the iPhone charger. Turned on the power and both started charging. Every 30 mins I checked to see if one was charging faster than the other, both charged at the same rate and reached full charge at the same time.

Anyone seeing the iPad charge it faster is imagining it. The regular charger charges pretty fast as it does a fast charge to 80% and the slows down.