iPhone (computer stolen) - what will happen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Sep 12, 2012.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

My computer was stolen that had my backups to my iphone. Now I have my iphone with all my info (contacts, pictures, settings etc...).

My other computer has never been tethered to this iphone. I need to connect it to itunes to unlock it. Will my phone be wiped if I tether to an itunes/cpu that it has never been tethered to or will i retain my contacts, apps, etc..?

Just want to make sure i do this right.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Any music, audio, or video that you had synced from that computer to your iPhone, and *isn't* something you purchased on iTunes or available through iTunes in the Cloud, will get wiped.

Chances are, even the stuff you purchased on iTunes will get wiped too if you loaded it on your phone via a sync to your computer, but you can just re-download it.

If your contacts and calendar info aren't already synced to iCloud, you should probably start. If it is iCloud synced, you should be fine.

Sorry to hear about your laptop! I had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago. Definitely not fun.

3. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

but my apps and contacts and pictures will still be exactly as is in my iphone now? I do have them synced to iCloud.

4. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

edit:

1. pull off anything you haven't purchased through iTunes (including photos) off with a third party app.
    2. sync contacts and calendar with iCloud
    3. go into itunes preferences and uncheck the sync automatically box. plug phone in and right click to transfer all your purchases. then sync.