Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sunsean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
I have an iphone 4 on straight talk and want to edit the mms apn settings. I know I can jailbreak and use tetherme to do this. I'm not averse to jailbreaking, I just don't really need/want any other tweaks right now and would like to avoid the $5 for the simple task of editing the mms apn. Plus if I'm going to jailbreak, I'd like to wait until an untethered option is available.

Anyway I've been reading a bit on Iphone Configuration Utility and it seems I can just use that to enter in apn settings manually...I just wanted to double check with the forum: in theory, I can use this and manually enter the straight talk att/mnvo settings for data (the same settings unlockit gives), and also the appropriate mms settings, and be good to go...right?

EDIT: Hmm, on further inspection it seems this only allows you to change the main apn settings (for data) but not the mms settings....anyone?

Last edited:

iHeatherZ

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012
I am facing the same situation. I used the configuration utility to changed the apn settings but I can't figure out where to change the mms settings. I'd be interested in finding out the answer to this also.

Praneethk

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2012
Hi any one pls help me!! My personal hotspot missing !!
Iam on 5.1.1 bot from at&t and unlocked by gevey ultra s.
Data dint work but downloaded settings from unlockit.nZ.
Now data works fine but.my personal hotspot option missing.
Pls help me out

TylerDLR

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2012
How to Change MMS Settings

I have an unlocked iPhones 4S 5.1.1 and had the same problem, I could send/receive MMS from any non-iPhone smartphone, i.e. my sister's Galaxy SII.

I found this link and tried this and it worked. My setting were a little different as I am with Koodo in Canada, but I was able to get the option to change the APN settings on my iPhone and entered all of my Koodo info. Here is the link the the instructions and my settings (you will have to find you own carrier settings). I do confirm that it worked :)

http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/?p=587

http://koodomobile.com/en/ab/non-koodo-phone-data-setup.shtml

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.