iPhone Data Usage Meter

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JNSC, Aug 4, 2012.

1. JNSC macrumors member

JNSC

So, I'm trying to figure out wether it'd be worth it to switch to Verizon's Share Everything plan...right now I have unlimited data, but we'd save money with my family all using a pool of data. The cheapest two are 2GB and 4GB.

I went into Settings>General>Usage, and down by data, it says i've only used around 900MB-ish. When is this counting from? The phone says "Last Reset: Never"...so does that mean that's a total from when I've had the phone? Or is it per month, and it's near 1 GB. I have a ton of emails come in, I watch YouTube videos a lot, use Facebook...(I'm talking about not on Wifi)

2. hypervish89 macrumors regular

That means ever since you got the phone. As long as you haven't "restored to new" anytime after your purchase.

3. wsk macrumors newbie

wsk

You're better off logging into your provider's website and looking at your monthly data usage. This will give you the correct information. If that is not an option, reset the phone now and track it. I took a trip overseas and bought one of the data plans. I tracked it on the phone and it was fairly accurate.