iPhone default settings for auto import of pictures and videos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jdejager, Dec 31, 2009.

1. jdejager macrumors newbie

I am having difficulty with the auto import function of pics and videos when connecting my iPhone to my laptop. Every time I connect, it imports recent photos and videos again into a new date folder under My Pictures folder. How can I change the default import settings? I set it up when I first connected my iPhone, but cannot find where to change those settings. The result is I have a lot of sub folders on my laptop under "my pictures" folder, making searching for these pictures cumbersome. Ideally I would like to import pics and videos from iphone to the "my pictures" root folder by pic/video name only.

2. nicolemarie030 macrumors newbie

iphone default settings for auto import of pictures and videos

when you plug in your device (iphone) go to the "my computers setting" and look for "scanners and cameras" you will see a list of devices currently plugged in. Click on the device your trying to edit and select "view device properties" this will allow you to change your default settings to a folder and program of your choice. It took me days to figure out how to change my settings, hope this helps.