iPhone defect? Reconsider rushing into a replacement!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sir Ruben, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Sir Ruben, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011

Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

My iPhone 4S has been perfect in every way, apart from my front facing camera which sometimes flickers and closes. Upon reopening it it usually tends to settle down and behave itself. Aside from this I have a lovely bright white screen, a fantastic responsive clicky home button, no call quality issues, no battery issues, nothing.

Anyway I contact Apple for a replacement and they were fantastic, offering to send the replacement before I even send mine back and I dont even have Applecare. Cant praise them enough.

The replacement arrives and after a few hours comparison it dawns on me that there may be no such thing as a perfect phone. Here's what the replacement has:

* Very yellow screen, held next to mind it looks dark and muddy
    * Different feeling home button which feels more 'used' for want of a better word
    * Spongey sleep/wake button, sometimes it clicks, other times it doesnt
    * Vibration motor makes the front glass of the phone vibrate
    * Lousdpeaker is quieter and not quite as sharp

Now all of those things I use much more than the front facing camera which is only really used for the odd FaceTime call. So the replacement has 5 things i dont like compared to the 1 issue with my original.

After using the replacement for a day Ive realised I cant live with it so I will be giving that one to the courier to take back and keep my original, which in comparison is fantastic.

I never realised that getting a replacement was such a lottery. If you only have a minor problem, think twice before swapping it or you could end up worse off!

2. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I realized the same thing..Dropped my white ip4s yesterday and a genius was kind enough to give me a service replacement for free.

There are some slight differences, mainly the screen "temperature" and I almost had myself convinced the screen felt different than my previous i4s (less smooth), but I think I was more or less imagining things on that one.

Also, this new one was produced in facoty "C3" whatever that is, while my first one was produced in "D" which I think is foxconn.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Lovely?

:eek:

4. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

LOL...some people love their phones too much. I had a friend tell me that he wishes his ip4s had a vagina so he could sleep with it

5. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Yeah lovely, as in, visually pleasing to the eye.

or "oh that classic car has lovely bodywork"

or "its a lovely sunny day today"

Its a pretty normal expression which does not suggest that I would like to bone it :D