iPhone disappeared in the mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by awesomest47, Jun 28, 2013.

1. awesomest47 macrumors member

I ordered an iPhone on Amazon and the seller shipped it out via the u.s. postal service. They said they sent it via hold for pickup but the tracking number was marked out for delivery... Huh? Then I never received it that day so I called customer service and they said that they had started a claim but it's been two days and I haven't received any updates on the package besides- "Delivery status not updated." What is going on?! Has anyone experienced this before, I know it's jumping to conclusions but I'm inclined to believe the mailman still has it. Please help- thanks!

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Which iPhone did you get 4S or 5? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the extra $100 to get the 5 right now...

3. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

Call 1-877-ASK-USPS with your tracking number and open a case. They will track it down.

4. awesomest47 thread starter macrumors member

I bought the 4S but I had paid full price the first time for an unlocked one that I was using on AT&T, but now that Sprint started offering no contract plans, I traded in my iPhone to Amazon to buy a refurbished Sprint one.

5. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Did you check first to see if Sprint is doable in your neck of the woods ? Lousy service in mine, so I canceled my phone the very next day. Many hate the service. That is why Sprint can offer some better rates or plans.

Cell Signal Sites

http://www.signalmap.com

http://www.cellreception.com/coverage/

http://www.rootmetrics.com/map/

http://opensignal.com/coverage-maps/US/

http://www.airportal.de

antennasearch.com

6. oaktree macrumors regular

Call your local post office and ask about the package. They are usually very helpful. If your tracking number doesn't show it is delivered, then it wasn't delivered.

The seller is responsible to getting the package to you. If you do not receive it, you should ask for a refund.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

How is this relevant to his question?

OP: That sender should have used a service with better tracking. If it isn't tracked in the next day then a refund should be requested.

8. awesomest47 thread starter macrumors member

What surprises me though is the seller sent it with signature confirmation of all things. How on earth can the usps lose something like that? I called the post office the day that the package was marked out for delivery and they said "hmm.. I'll go into the back and check." They proceeded to hang up and never called back. Thus, increasing my suspicion. The seller has yet to reply to my emails- I so hope he bought insurance!! Any other tips- thanks!

9. TheProFTW macrumors regular

Contact amazon maybe? They can sometimes give a hand if packages get ''lost''

10. oaktree macrumors regular

Increase your suspicion about what?

It doesn't matter whether he has insurance or not, you are entitled to the product or your money back.

That's good that it is coming with signature confirmation. That way you know it hasn't been delivered yet.

Relax. This is on the seller. You will be fine. Either you get your phone, or you get a refund.

11. awesomest47 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help everyone. Tracking number updated finally to "available for pickup" and the seller never got any email but hey, that's the USPS for ya!

12. TheProFTW macrumors regular

13. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

14. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

I have completely given up on the USPS. I ordered some stuff and it was delivered via USPS. I tracked the package, saw that it was out for delivery. Went to the mailbox, nothing. Went out doing things, and came back, nothing.

About 5 someone comes over and asks if I knew my mail was blowing around my yard. Heck no, is it my mail? OH yes came the response. I go trucking out to see what's going on, and find that my package was evidently left IN MY YARD on top of ALL OF MY MAIL, and it being on the light side, it has blown around my yard, off of the stack of mail.

We had an issue a few years back where I found some of our mail, and other people's mail too, in the ditch near our mailbox. I went in and complained and raised hell. For the next month or so, ALL of our bills were 'lost'. Credit card bills: LOST, mortgage: LOST... The message was crystal clear. I recently ordered something from Garmin and paid extra for 'Ground Shipping', and only after the package shipped did I find out that their version of 'Ground' was using DHL Global Post which is like FedEx 'SmartPost', where they 'deliver' the package to the local USPS sorting hub, and then it's 'delivered' through the USPS. I freaked out! The USPS has 'lost' so much stuff for me that I don't trust it at all. I'm sure I drove Garmin crazy, but the package finally got delivered...

Short story: Don't trust them, and don't complain.:mad::mad::mad:

15. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

wow, that's crazy. USPS really has it out for ya!!

16. TheProFTW macrumors regular

I'd do a complaint to USPS about your post office being bad. That's the good part of living close to an upscale neighbourhood, same post office, the mail people are amazing, I asked the guy to ring the bell when a big package arrives, and he does everytime

17. mrbrown macrumors 6502

At least they didn't claim it was "delivered" when it actually wasn't!

I shipped my wife's old iPhone 4 to my mother-in-law with insurance and delivery confirmation. USPS regulations state that any package with over $200 of insurance requires a signature upon delivery.

Package was marked as delivered... mother-in-law never got it. USPS records showed no signature. It took 4 months to get my insurance claim satsified.

18. TheProFTW macrumors regular

So the delivery guy clearly stole it?

Man, USPS is amazing :p

The real stuff: UPS for ground, FedEx for international

19. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

USPS is crazy! Bought some things through the internet and they leave packages in the garden! I live in a condo so everyone can steal them! This is why I prefer picking up things at applestore or buying in shops than receiving by mail... even ups... got the package of my rMBP after 1 hour when the courier decided to stay under summer sun for lunch break! The computer was extremely hot, like it has been used 100% power for a while.... I was speechless when I saw that...