iPhone Disappointment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blairh, Sep 10, 2013.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

I left my iPhone 5 for the S4 Active and while I'm very happy with my switch, I still want Apple to make the right moves with the iPhone.

Gotta say this keynote was a huge letdown. Apple won't acknowledge that the black/slate model was a mistake with scuffs appearing on the edges (my old iPhone 5 had this) so they instead keep the 4S onboard. No 128 GB model. Fingerprint scanner looks cool but not a huge deal IMO. 5C turns out to be way more expensive then I expected. ($550/$650 off-contract). I don't know. Other than the 5S camera there was nothing that truly impressed me today. I still can't fully believe that a larger screened iPhone won't hit the market until fall of 2014 most likely. Things just seem off here. I wonder why they didn't offer the 5C in an 8GB variant for free on-contract, $450 off, and just get rid of the 4S entirely. (No LTE, still 30 pin connector, 3.5" screen, no dual band wi-fi.) Just a lot of head scratching on my side.

2. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

Read back every year... they are a huge let down for loads of people..

When will people realise that apple dont change things that drastically!

3. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

i maybe should work as a forseeer. i already predicted a topic like this would emerge :D

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I am surprised that Apple kept the 4S over the 5. Wasn't surprised that there was no 128GB iPhone.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This thread is right on schedule.

No one is ever satisfied.

6. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

My general feelings after the presentation is the same feeling I have when I check into a mid-range hotel to find they have 2-ply toilet paper in the bathroom. I expected it, I appreciate it, and I will likely use it, but my ass ain't going to get excited and stand in line to use it.

7. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

With the 128 GB iPad coming earlier this year I thought an 128 GB iPhone was inevitable this time. I also thought they'd follow the iPad model and price it accordingly. ($499 on-contract/$950 off). Really surprised it didn't become a reality this go-round.

----------

Nope. Don't start that ish. I fully expected the 5S. It's just the things that they decided in addition to that as I listed in my OP.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

People's expectations seems to go beyond reality and what Apple typically does.

Lets remember the 5S
    Fingerprint security
    Better camera
    A7 Processor
    M7 Motion coprocessor

Other then LTE A, or NFC what else could that throw in the 5S?

There's aways a raft of these disappointed type threads but overall I think Apple has done a good job, not great but good.

9. terzinator macrumors 6502

I'd be excited for 2-ply toilet paper if my ass camped in line for an iPhone.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I think it is more the pricing and shuffle on phones than the 5s itself.

11. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

12. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

A 128gb iPhone could be introduced later as the did not start with a 128gb iPad at first. They got to have something to hype later!

13. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Ohhhhh, I didn't realize THIS thread was different than the typical disappointment threads that are usually created after an Apple event.

Carry on then.

14. Razeus macrumors 603

Well, that was underwhelming.

I'll be back next year if Apple makes a 4.3"+ phone with proper screen ratio.

15. krazykleo macrumors regular

For someone who hasn't bought a phone since the 3GS(should've waited a few months for the 4, oh well) all of these changes are quite significant lol!

But I'll probably still hold out :) or buy the 5S.

16. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

My reasons for disappointment are legit. Go look at the comments in the news section regarding the 5C. Also why is your gripe exactly with a disappointment thread? Should we all refrain from criticizing the religion of Apple? Is it sacrilegious in these parts to say anything bad right after the keynote?