Resolved iPhone does does not appear under My Computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Garvorious, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Garvorious, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013

Garvorious macrumors newbie

Hello forum, this is probably the first time I have been stumped with an Apple issue (go figure)

Well, to start, here are my stats so you can help me figure out a solution faster:

iPhone 4S (Sprint)
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
    iTunes 11 is updated to the current version.
    iPhone is updated to latest firmware (6.1.2)
    Jailbroken (envasi0n 1.4)

Anyway. It's the strangest thing. Normally when you attach your iPhone or any iDevice into the computer, your PC wants to ask what you would like to do with it (view files, transfer stuff, etc.) but it does not appear, notify me, or even show up in My Computer so I can access it manually.

The weirdest part is coming up. It is obviously recognized by iTunes since it can successful sync and transfer music/apps. No problems between iPhone -> iTunes and vise versa. Just the computer refuses to recognize it.

I go under the control panel, and as soon as I uninstalled "Apple Mobile Device Support", the notification for my iPhone (autoplay) shows up, and I can access my camera. But I can no longer sync as iTunes gets an error about "iPhone not found", when obviously it is found by my computer -.-

It's like I can have one, but not the other. This really sucks, and I just want to import photos from Dropbox (on my PC) to my DCIM. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

RESOLVED: It fixed...itself? Thanks? I guess...

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

As far as I know this has never been possible. The only way, without special software, to communicate between an iDevice and a computer is through iTunes.

3. Garvorious thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you sure? I've been able to do this many times (on this iPhone before the firmware update)
    I'm not asking to access the entire phone, just the DCIM camera.

4. Zcev5454 macrumors member

I have transferred picture like this off an iPhone before without iTunes even installed. The computer should automatically download the necessary drivers, so I have no idea what could be wrong.

5. Garvorious thread starter macrumors newbie

The only thing I can do now is uninstall iTunes, access my iPhone like normal, then reinstall iTunes.

Without iTunes/AppleSoftwareCrud, I can plug my device in and use it like normal, but for some reason, iCockBlock isn't allowing me to reach my photos manually.

Update: Oh, of course. I get the ability to access my DCIM folder, but I can't put any photos INTO my device. Jesus, why is this so complicated?