iphone doesn't show up in itunes but shows up in iphoto on g3 ibook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigjoe1086, Sep 14, 2008.

1. bigjoe1086 macrumors newbie

My iphone won't show up in itunes on my g3 ibook. It will however show up as a camera in iphoto and allow me to pull the photos off. It also charges the iphone as well. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get it to work? Would getting a firewire cable and plugging it in through that way help?

2. Ratpack1961 macrumors member

First off update to itunes 7.7. You may want to uninstall itunes fully before updating. Remove the itunes app, go into utilities, activity monitor, and stop the itunes process. Simply reinstalling itunes might work.

Also, is the iphone jailbroken? If you tried jailbreaking it and it now won't connect to itunes you may need to do the jailbreaking process again.

3. ms.karen macrumors newbie

Just figured this out...

Make sure your iPhone is connected to your Mac. Close iTunes then download the latest version (doesn't matter if you've already done this before). Reinstall iTunes (8.0) while the iPhone is connected. This should fix the problem.

4. AnthonyBrowne macrumors newbie

My iPhone is incompatible with my Mac

I have the same problem.

I've used the same G3 iBook for the last 6 years running 10.2.8. Last month, I bought an iPhone 3G. The iPhone requires iTunes 8.0 in order to sync or upload anything.

Here's the problem: iTunes 8.0 will only run on OS 10.4 and 10.5. So there is no way I can connect my iPhone to my iBook without upgrading my operating system. I'm forced to upload music to my iPhone from my girlfriend's Toshiba Satellite running Windows XP. Her computer is capable of running iTunes 8.0.

Please note the irony: My new Apple product is compatible with a PC, but not compatible with my Apple computer. I hope this reaches someone at Apple who feels bad for doing this to us.