iPhone ERS Return/Process Time in the UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by olly593, Oct 4, 2013.

1. olly593, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

olly593 macrumors newbie

Hi

my iPhone stopped charging just 5 days out of warranty, however i rang up the support and they have agreed to replace it under the warranty. They also gave me a free upgrade to the Express Replacement Service (Can't beat Apple customer service) Subject to them putting a £470 hold on my credit card to covers themselves.

Anyways i received the new phone yesterday and sent my old one back via UPS, I believe it should have arrived there today however its still showing as awaiting original return.

Does anyone have any idea how long it usually is for Apple to release the hold on the card? I need to book some flights however the £470 hold isn't helping my card balance.

2. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

It normally takes a couple of days for the website to update.

Regarding your hold it depends on your issuer. Natwest and RBS can take up to 10 days but American Express will often only have holds on for 3 or 4 days, so it really depends. The time for the hold to expire will be from the date of the authorisation, not from the return as well.

3. olly593 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks reclusive, the website still hasn't updated, however the hold has been taken off my Card, so I guess I'm good?

4. olly593 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just an update, I've spoken to my Apple Rep and it would appear my phone has been lost.... There's a UPS tracking number that still shows it as in transit, but apparently it has been logged somewhere as received. Apparently my case has been escalated and I should get an answer in the next 24/48 hours. Fingers crossed.