iPhone Explorer problem - I deleted a bunch of pictures but they're still showing up

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fiorgodx, Jun 21, 2012.

1. fiorgodx macrumors newbie

I deleted a ton of pictures in iPhone Explorer but they're still showing up in my iPhone pictures. They're blurry though, as if they're stretched out thumbnails. When I go back to iPhone Explorer, the deleted pictures are not there. I have the most up to date version and I'm using the 4s.

Do I have to delete a thumbnail file or something? I don't want to manually go and delete hundreds of fuzzy thumbnails, that defeats the purpose of me doing it in iPhone Explorer.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

3. fiorgodx thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't work. Anyone have an idea how to get rid of the thumbnail data?

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Try go into the phone with ifunbox or ifile, pics are in /private/var/mobile/media/dcim

5. SurferMan macrumors 65816

I agree with TriJet, navigate to /private/var/mobile/media/dcim , I use ifile on the iPhones.

6. fiorgodx thread starter macrumors newbie

What do I do once I'm there? I want to avoid having to go through and manually delete all the pictures I already spent hours sifting through and deleting. I'm hoping there's a way that these mysterious blurry ghost images will go away.

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

ICleaner maybe? Always worth a shot. I use it once a month to clean up wasted space.