iPhone freezing and battery drain due to the iOS 7 wifi greyed out

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gil2979, Sep 23, 2014.

1. gil2979 macrumors newbie

I have iPhone 4s (7.1.2 - JB) and my wifi got greyed out and its causing me problems ...

1.The first problem is that after my wifi got greyed out my battery started to drain (from 6 hours of heavy usage it went to barly 3 hours)
    i think it happens because the BT and the WIFI getting crashed or something ...

Also , i had to restore (deleted cydia long story) and now my battery is draning like water on a sunny day ... my iphone is getting really hot without i use it and the battery drains a % every couple of minutes ..
    it usuallu hapens 2 hours after i unplug it and stops / starts randomly ,
    so its the first battery drain + the second drain and my battery is dying ...

2.the second problem is that after i restore my iphone (after the wifi is getting greyed out) my iphone is getting freezed out at certain things ...
    for exampe my iphone iphone freeze for 5-7 soconds when i open the setting app (or if i press on the cellular / general / brightness and etc)
    also it freezes when i open stock apps like phone or messages (also freeze when i answer a call or an sms ...
    the only thing that helped me with this prblem is fixing the 2nd problem is getting the wifi fixed (replacing the WIFI chip and im not gonna pay for the third time !)

SO PLEASE HELP ME FIX MY PROBLES :/

Notes:
    1.my iphone is at ios 7.1.2 and its jailbroken
    2.i dont have apple store so i have to repair it at a local shop
    3.sorry for my english its not my native language ...

thanks for any help !

2. gil2979 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. snoopdog macrumors newbie

snoopdog

snoopdog

Basically you're screwed..... I've had the same issue.. I've been to Apple & complained... I've written to Apple in the US and got nowhere. I've complained to my service provider & the retailer.... if the phone is more than 12 months old forget it... no one cares... trust I've complained to everyone re my issues... no wifi / slow handset / bad 3G. Apple won't admit there is an issue & the service providers won't help either. You'll just have to live with it :(

4. gil2979 thread starter macrumors newbie

i visited apple store when i was in vication ..
    i told the genius bar guy my issue and said he knows what I feel but he cant do anything , so i thanked him for his time and said to him that they lost a costumer...

I cant do anything to atleast make my iphone work without issues?
    you think mabye some developers might be able to help me ?

BTW thanks for the reply :)

5. snoopdog macrumors newbie

snoopdog

I doubt it..... Apple advised me the fault can't be fixed... although my service provider insisted it can!!... for a cost of £159. Needless to say I didn't bother sending it..... You would guess if Apple say it can't be fix.... it can't be fixed. I have 3 months left on my contract with a phone thats not "smart" any more. I have 5 people in my household.. we all have iPhones.. at the moment.... i intend to change this as soon as they are out of contract. People are having issues with the latest 8.0 update & bent iPhone 6s... their reputation is taking a battering at the moment. Customer confidance is low.. I know mine is!!.. I hope you get it fixed.. if you do let me know how please :):)

6. edenbensal macrumors regular

I had the same issue with my 4s. I went to some iPhone repair store and they fix the problem for 1 month only...
    I have my iPhone almost 2 years and i going to buy the iPhone 6 apparently.
    It's very annoying me and i really want to buy an android phone but they suck. So i will stay with apple product for now.