Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vix2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
I have an iphone 5 on latest OS and am having a problem with contacts. My daughter has just changed her number, so I put her new number in and made it a favourite number. When I go into her contact details this is the only mobile number along with her home number and email address, however when I go into text messages and create a new message there is always another number under 'other' that isn't on her contact details. I discussed this with OH and as I had already checked my mac contacts he suggested checking my outlook. Sure enough, they were there, so I deleted the whole contacts and thought I'd solved it, but no, still on phone!!! So I turned off all contacts, none appear on the phone, and not only does my daughter still appear with the 'other' number but loads of other contacts all with 'other' numbers!!! Any idea how to get rid of them please?

SlasherKG

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
I had a similar issue previously and it turned out to be something to do with iCloud contacts, even though I had turned it off on my iPhone. The way I fixed it was removing all contacts from my iPhone, logging into iCloud and removing all contacts from there, then re-syncing the contacts from my Outlook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.