Iphone Gloves

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by morecowbell, Sep 14, 2012.

1. morecowbell macrumors member

This will be my first iphone. I've been saving for it by working nights at Arby's. Needless to say, I want to protect it!!! :D

Can somebody recommend a good pair of gloves so I avoid fingerprints? Also, I am looking for a plastic ear-film so I don't get smudges by the earpiece and a spit-guard for the Microphone.

Thanks in advance.

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

3. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Sounds like you're going a little to far to protect it, you have bought it to enjoy it, no?

As for protection, I'll just pickup a cheap case sometime next week, then get a decent one once all the manufacturers have their products available.

Also, i recommend the cheap-ass rubber-tipped 'iPhone gloves' you can pickup off ebay around this time of year (I bought mine for 99p [around a cent & a half??] ) and make the touchscreen usable even with gloves on.

4. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

^

6. morecowbell thread starter macrumors member

Do you have any idea how much Roast-Beef fat I had to clean off the slicer and how many dried Hershey Squirts I had to chip off the bathroom walls....late at night...at Arby's...just to afford this phone?!?!?!? Damn straight I am going to everything to protect it. Why wouldn't I?!?!?!?

7. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

I hear you, I want to protect mine also. But earpiece guards? Surely you don't want to rewin Jony Ive's design too much?

8. shortcrust macrumors 6502

9. madsci954 macrumors 68030

In that case, go Otterbox.

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Even though this thread is a joke, iPhone case makes more sense than gloves for hands.

11. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

Do any of the gloves in the above link suit?

12. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'd recommend a hazmat suit for both the iPhone and you.

13. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Ok, I did get a chuckle out of the Arby's. But, for the rest of your attempt, eh, you worked a bit too hard for it. Your user name actually is funnier.

Still, if you were up in the middle of the night like many of us, one can't expect you to be at the top of your game. I will give you a solid B, and a better luck next time.