iPhone has a virus cont.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nuube, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuube macrumors newbie

reluctance??? some of us have to work. So no it's simply a time constraint besides I expected all recipients to delete any spam which originated from my email account after warning them.
    And it doesn't prove the account was hacked either, at least not by any person.

Meanwhile some moderator closed the old thread??

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1380148428.946379.jpg
    This screenshot of one of many emails still in my email accounts sent box obviously sanitized for privacy.

if my email account was hacked, why did the flood of emails return after entering the new password in my iPhones email settings?
    And why stop with sending a few emails? When there is so much more you can accomplish if you went to all the trouble of hacking someone's email?
    Doesn't look like the work of a spoof either since many emails returned from the primary outgoing server

the only available computer with access to send email without entering a password is the iPhone.

Immediately selecting airplane mode during the second wave of batch emails prevented more emails from being sent.

There is a lot of selective hearing going on here, luckily it takes a lot more than childish remarks to phase me. so forgive me for thinking there were knowledgable people here who would be able to provide additional and intelligent insight

for now I have changed only the email account on my iPhone which deleted the old account info and data in the process. So far there has been no repetition of mass emails from my iPhone or from anywhere else for that matter

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Nothing was hacked, it's spam. Someone is phishing your e-mail address. I usually get these sent to my Yahoo account.

3. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Usually that means you don't start up a duplicate thread in defiance of the moderators. Good luck though hope you get your issue figured out.

4. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

The other thread was closed for a reason.

OP's name says it all.

6. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Mod removed original thread because OP had no clue what he/she is talking about.

It's rather a mystery why OP insists it's the very first iPhone "virus" when so many more common explanations exist.

Well, enjoy this thread while it lasts!

7. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

yes the mod closed your previous virus theory babble because you've been explained that your phone doesn't have a virus.

if you still believe it does just factory reset.

not sure what you attempt to gain from further discussing this other than to get yourself in time out.

8. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

And I still don't see why if (big IF) you had the first ever iPhone virus you wouldn't get help from Apple.

9. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Mod note:

The last thread was closed. DO NOT re-start a thread we've closed.

/mod note

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.