iPhone headphone jack question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hamoodi, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Hamoodi macrumors member

Is it bad/damaging to an iPhone 4 to keep the headphones plugged in for more then 8 hours a day? Im not talking about use and battery life, i just mean the port be occupied by a jack, would it cause any damage to keep it in their over 8 hours a day 5 days a week?:confused::confused::confused: sorry reallllllyyy paranoid Apple Kid over here!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

It's what it's meant to be used for, isn't it?

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

It's like asking if the iPhone can be damaged is used for making phone calls.

6. Hamoodi thread starter macrumors member

No need to be rude, I was asking a simple question. Yes or No answer. It is surprising how people on the forums who have been here longer think they have the right to act like a total D Bag. Get out of here.

----------

Thank you!

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Well, you're certainly going to have more wear and tear, especially if you constantly have the phone in a pocket when it's moving. I have never experienced issues with my phone, but an old iPod I have for running sometimes cuts in and out and you have to twist the headphone jack around to get the contacts to touch right and actually hear your music. Granted, it's an old shuffle from about three years ago, but I imagine the same thing could happen to any port.

The way I see it, it's made for using. The easiest way to keep something mint is to never use it, but what's the fun in that?

8. staralfur macrumors member

9. nouveau macrumors member

:D:D:D

Thou is godly

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not exactly. Either you don't understand how analogies work or you don't understand the two things you're trying to use in your analogy.

Simply having something plugged into the headphone jack for extended periods of time isn't a problem in and of itself. What can be a problem, however, is any stress that might be transferred from the plug to the jack during that time. 3.5mm jacks and plugs typically don't do well in this regard. That said, if no force is exerted during extended use then it won't be a problem.