iPhone Home Button Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thenumbersrbad, Sep 22, 2013.

1. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

for anyone that has the iPhone 5s, does the home buttons make a noise when you click it? I can't remember if the iPhone 5 did this or not, but the home button on my 5s makes a audible click clack sound when it's pressed (I should mention it doesn't really happen with every press) could this be the touch id sensor?

2. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

From other threads on here it seems to be mixed . Mine does and so does my friends, but there are some peoples do not

3. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I hate it so much. It reminds me of the old Trouble board game.

[​IMG]:eek::eek::eek:

4. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Mine is audible. My 4s was audible too. The 5s home button is different than previous generation home buttons though. It should be audible. If it's not, then there might be a problem.

5. xmaseve macrumors regular

My 5s sometimes clicks and other times doesn't. Might have to do with temperature.

6. macjoshua macrumors 6502

I posted this on another thread, but it seems like this is pretty much the same click that most 5S's have. I talked with an AppleCare representative, and they looked at the video and said it's normal with the new hardware. I also checked about 7 or 8 of the display models at the local Apple Store, and the all clicked the same way.

Depending on how you press it, you get more or less of an audible click.

http://youtu.be/Cn_yZZE-LAA

7. thenumbersrbad thread starter macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

I usually check the forums before I post so apologies for that!!

Okay, makes me feel a little better about the sound, it's a tad annoying but I'm sure it's just my OCD

8. rtr1985 macrumors 6502

Is it normal for there to be a little bit of movement to the home button if you move your finger side to side?

I'm not sure whether mine is "loose" or not

9. 3lite macrumors 6502a

3lite

It's exactly the same button. It just doesn't have the square and I don't think it's caved in.

10. alFR macrumors 68020

So, in other words it's pretty much completely different?

11. 3lite macrumors 6502a

3lite

Appearance wise only. It feels the same.

12. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

13. Fission macrumors regular

Use some rubbing alcohol and a qtip with power off...

14. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Apparently it's not the same home button. The new one is smaller than the old iPhone home button. You can see that in this video where the home buttons are compared (albeit on the alleged front panel of the iPad 5).

15. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

I've never noticed the clicking noise with my 5, however with my 5S I definitely notice it..and to be exact, as mentioned above it sounds like the Trouble clicker from the board game :p. I do notice that the clicking only occurs when I press my home button a certain way. If I click it with the tip of my finger I notice it, but if I place my whole thumb over the home button, I don't notice the click. I'm assuming also its because of the touchID.