iPhone iCal invites not being recieved

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SP8600, Jun 23, 2012.

1. SP8600 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I currently have an issue with iCal and my iPhone 4S.* Say I am using my Apple ID which is id@xxx.com and someone sends me an invite via thier iPhone/iPad to that email I do not receive anything, however, having discovered this issue I changed my apple ID to new@xxx.com.* The person then cancels the original event in their calendar and sends a new invite to new@xxx.com.
    Again I do not receive the iCal invite, however, now receive an email to id@xxx.com (old ID) saying it has been canceled.
    Can anyone shed any light on this issue?
    Oh and I am able to send invites which come up as alerts on others iOS devices with no problem.
    Thanks

2. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Are you using gmail exchange for your calendars or the iCloud service provided by Apple?

3. SP8600 thread starter macrumors newbie

The iCloud service. My current email is BT Internet (provided by yahoo) and was previously gmail.

4. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

How strange, the other person whom you are sending the invite to should receive it.

5. SP8600 thread starter macrumors newbie

They do. It's me who never receives them.

Yeah it's odd!

6. SP8600 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just checked and if an invite is sent to another of my email addresses which is not my apple I'd I do receive the invite as an email but as soon as I change that email to be my apple Id it stops working again. Not even an email invite comes through

7. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

I had a similar problem when I had at&t and was never able to log into the at&t mobile app. After going through cust. Service, and trying all there was to try. Eventually I gave up, anyways I changed to Straight Talk later.

Hope you are able to solve this matter, but if it is not imperative that you use this feature I would just leave it alone.

8. Xtreem85 macrumors newbie

Hello SP8600, I have the same problem! I got everything to work like it should when I deleted all my iCloud accounts from all of my devices (iPod 4th gen, iPad 3rd gen, iPhone 4, and my MacBook). It worked for like a day, now it's back to the same issue again... I can't receive invites at my gmail address which is attached to my apple ID, no other emails are attached to my apple ID either! It's so very frustrating to have this work so inconsistently, especially since I use the calendar with my girlfriend very frequently.

Have you made any progress with this at all?