iPhone, iMessages new discovery help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rei101, Oct 3, 2014.

1. rei101 macrumors 6502a

Hi

I was typing a new message and when I placed the first letter on "To:" I saw names of contacts I have deleted in dark grey as well some in blue and some in green.

Does anybody knows what those colors means? And why if I deleted a contact still their information around?

Thank you.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Blue means the contact has an iOS device and is reachable by iMessage and FaceTime.

Green means the contact doesn't have iOS, or iMessages is turned off, and you can only message them through SMS, MMS or regular phone calls.

Gray, I'm not sure. Maybe you have text conversations with those contacts still on your phone, even though you've deleted them from your contacts?

3. rei101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No clue, some of the people I have deleted are in gray and in blue. I deleted a dude a few months ago and he appears in both colors, I know he has iPhone.

And there is this girl who was a very cute stripper who appears in gray. But I can't find information about that so far and is super dangerous that if I deleted that contact it stills showing up in a "cache".