iPhone in Belgium: 11 July by Mobistar 525 Euro (825$)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by feri, Jul 8, 2008.

1. feri macrumors newbie

Finally today Mobistar announced the arrival of iPhone in Belgium. There is 3 plan of 30 Euro, 45 euro and 60 Euro with 3h or 300 sms + 200 mb data, 6h or 600 SMS + 500 mb and 9h or 900 SMS + 1 GB.

8 Gb iPhone price: 525* Euro (825$)
    16 GB iPhone price: 615* Euro (965$)
    *Selling price maximum. Prime recycling 0.05 € included. Valid until the stock.

Business plan: 25 euro (Before tax): 1h + 1Gb - 1h Free WIFI access

Option iPhone for Business (Google Translation):

And here more explanation (Google Translation):

2. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Yes, very ouch. You guys must be rolling in cash for them to expect business. What do you pay per liter for fuel?

3. feri thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't ask!

1.5 Euro (2.35$)

4. diccen macrumors newbie

A question for the Americans who happen to read this thread.

What will probably the total price be when you buy an iPhone in the US and pay the AT&T early termination fee to free up the iPhone and be able to sell it?

With these prices here in Belgium i really hope i can get one off ebay or something like that.

I also read somewhere that it is not uncommon that when you end a contract in the US that included a heavily subsidized phone you would have to return it to the operator, is this true and may this be the case with the 3G iPhone?

5. feri thread starter macrumors newbie

Belgian iPhone is not Locked

Apparently due to Belgian law the iPhone in Belgium is not locked with Mobistar, that is why the price tag is so high. Mobistar did mention on its website that 525 Euro is the maximum price, so it is not clear if they will offer a cheaper price or not!

More info from Belgian-Iphone (Google Translation):

6. ollebolle macrumors newbie

not only our phones and data plans are expensive (as is our fuel) , try our broadband internet: 43€ for cable 10 Mbps, 12 GB (about 67 US $) per month,

and also: Belgium has a dense population for networks like 3G to cover everyone is relatively cheap.

hmm and check out our taxes online :p we have a 21% VAT

7. samab macrumors 6502a

The Belgium law will be gone by September, just in time for the christmas holiday sales.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jzythAOzqWP6bxaeynPMjP39xM6gD91QF22G0

8. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

16GB iphone 299+ 7.75% tax (about 23.17)
    ATT term fee 175 (i think)

Maybe around 500 bucks. Im sure their will be some on ebay within a week, if not a day :)

I suddenly feel a lil better about the US prices.

9. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

Does this mean if they crop up on ebay i just pop an 02 sim in and away we go...what language will the iPhone be in?

:confused:

10. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Im sure people will figure out how to resell. The phone is supposed to be attached (if thats the right word) to the buyer's name, forcing them to activate it within 30 days. People will say they "lost it" and things like that, but I havent seen the details of how that is gonna work.

As far as language, it should have several different ones you can choose from. Im mean, its being released all over the world.

11. paulmiller1997 macrumors newbie

language

Can someone who has actually bought an iPhone 3G from Mobistar confirm (based on a real phone in their hands) that English is available? Thanks!

12. frosse macrumors 6502a

I havent bought from Mobistar but I can with 100% certainty say that every iphone 3g uses the same 2.0 firmware which contain all supported langs. So no worries :)

13. Yuppi macrumors regular

Yuppi

I was in belgium today and wanted to buy one. But every store was sold out (only registered user could buy one).
    But one statement of a mobistar employee made me wonder. He said that the iPhone is unlocked in belgium only. Outside of belgium it only works with the mobistar SIMs. Can anyone confirm that?