iPhone in business society

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appleamg, Dec 6, 2011.

1. appleamg macrumors newbie

Do you think the iPhone stands out as a professional device in the business society or more as a playing tool ? I personally love my iPhone ( used to have two Blackberries before ) and adore the design but think that Blackberries are just more professional looking . It seems like more and more of the '' office '' type of people are starting to use iOS and I'm happy about it but what do you personally think ? Is the Blackberry platform better for companies ( security , durability etc. ) ? I look at the canadian phones more like the power horses they are but just for work after that iPhone all the way :apple: . What do you think ? If you are an entrepreneur , CEO what kind of phone , platform ( OS ) would you use and why :) ?

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3. martymcfly618 macrumors newbie

I've used blackberries(last device was the torch 9810). As an entrepreneur I prefer iOS. I dont have RIMM, I just feel that they no longer fit my needs. At work (bank of America) a majority of what I see is iPhones/android devices. I see few blackberries, and when I do they're usually carried by management and the older crowd. In my opinion the iPhone is the sleekest looking device on the planet.

4. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

I work for a local government office in Australia, we are looking at moving from BB to iPhone/iPad options in the next couple of months due to BB being less controllable (believe it or not) in an IT sense.

The iPhone config utility allows us to push configs to devices to prevent abuse of the device on our network.

I can see us making the jump sometime in the new year, we already have one iPhone and two iPads on our corporate network, and they are proving to be pretty useful for what we want.

I am a long time iPhone and iPad user, so I am leading the charge in implementing the devices and controlling them on our network.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Couldn't care less (especially about being "professional looking"). I have a 4S for personal use and a BB for work. I don't care how the BB appears, just that it does what it's supposed to and it does that well. That said, I'd rather use the 4S in general.