iPhone in Illinois

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JakeT85, Jan 19, 2012.

1. JakeT85 macrumors regular

JakeT85

I have a Verizon iPhone 4s in Central Illinois because I have always felt like they had better coverage. Recently I have had an AT&T rep calling me a lot trying to get me to switch our business over. He is offering a better discount than we get now, so I am considering it. He has stated they have invested a lot into beefing up the network in the area. My question is any Central Illinois readers on here that can give me some insight on their coverage these days? My marketing reps span from Bloomington and Atlanta to the south, up to Henry/Lacon over to Pontiac and all the way down rt 24 eastward to Gilman/Onarga and everywhere in between. The road warriors out there are they really comparable to Verizon in coverage? The data speed I don't really care about, just the voice coverage. Thanks for any input

2. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Well, I know it isn't exactly where you are working, but I use I-80 between Princeton and Chicago, and I-39 between I-80 and Bloomington, then south on I-55 and also east on I-74 to Champaign, and have not had any issues with AT&T. Southern LaSalle County does have some low signal spots and I've seen a little call degrading around Wenona, but overall I'm very satisfied. I've been an AT&T customer since the 1990s when it was Cell One, Cellular One, Cingular and then AT&T. I've seen it all and it all works for me.

3. JakeT85 thread starter macrumors regular

JakeT85

Awesome, thanks for the input. I checked the coverage map, but you can't always trust those or the rep trying to sell you service. It's good to hear it from actual customers. Much appreciated.

4. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I live in the metro St Louis area, but I spend quite a bit of time east of here, and north up to Chicago. I've been on ATT for several years now, and I'm very satisfied with their service and coverage. Based on where you listed, I'd give it a go, assuming the other details of ATT's service are acceptable.