iPhone in Northern Virgina/DC Metro

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Management, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Management macrumors member

Hi Everyone,

Can people comment on the coverage and performance of AT&T 4G (HSPA/HSPA+) and 4G LTE coverage for the iPhone 4S and iPad 4G LTE? Is it any good?

I have a iPhone 4 and it sucks royally in Alexandria, VA. I'm not sure if I get HSPA speeds but many times I get dropped calls and drop outs while streaming music.

Is the experience been very good with the improved antennas and 4G HSPA+ & 4GLTE?

2. jtgamer macrumors member

the 4G HSPA+ on the AT&T iPhone 4S coverage in the area is pretty good. I live nearby in Springfield, and the data speed is decent. haven't tried out LTE yet, but I'll find out when a family member get their iPhone 5 tomorrow.

3. Fontane macrumors regular

I know you asked specifically about AT&T, but since I live in Alexandria/Springfield, figured I'd chime in to give you as much information as possible. I use Verizon in this area and the 4G works very well. Reception is always good too. Have friends who use the iPhone 4 on AT&T and complain about dropped calls all the time (up and down the I95 corridor).

4. leenak macrumors 68020

I know its not the iPhone but... I work with a lot of people that have Blackberrys and most people that originally went with AT&T seemed to switch to Verizon as they found the service to be better in the DC metro. My husband and I were 2 of those people (but we are in MD). It has been a couple years though but we just had really poor service with AT&T. It is why I ordered a Verizon iPhone.

5. Management thread starter macrumors member

thanks everyone for the comments/replies. Other feel free to chime in so I can get a better sample size.

I was about to switch to Verizon but I found out that I can get unlimited 4G service since I was grandfathered into the unlimited 3G service.

What to do? What to do? :confused:

6. rsoxtim Guest

I live in Arlington and have an iPhone 4 with AT&T (my iphone 5 will be delivered tomorrow!) - for the most part, its okay. I get a few dropped calls here and there but the speed gets very slow in certain places. I'm looking forward to the LTE and faster 4G speeds with the new iPhone.

I stuck with AT&T because my plan is cheaper and get more data.