iPhone Insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CampDavid, Dec 7, 2011.

1. CampDavid, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

CampDavid macrumors member

I left my iPhone 4 on the train at the weekend.

I'm an idiot.

I didn't insure it

I'm an idiot.

I'm off to hand over £499 of my hard earned cash for an Iphone 4S

I'm an idiot.

However, I'm not planning on becoming paranoid about my new Siri equipt chum so I need insurance. Which company provides the best cover for the iphone?

Thanks
    David (idiot)

Edit: I'm in lovely London town, not the USA

2. stevebubble macrumors member

Who do you bank with, I'm in the UK and get free mobile phone insurance with my Barclays bank account. HSBC / RBS and Halifax all offer free mobile insurance with theirr accounts.

I have used the Barclays one you pay 50-75 excess but for that you get your phone repaired or replaced with a new one.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Cover Mine

With my bank....Most banks will cover you for a small fee

4. jmjoh122 macrumors member

jmjoh122

sounds like a deal to me, go with the above posters

5. CampDavid thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for this.

I'm with HSBC Premier, they don't seem to cover it through, that said, I'll try contacting my relationship manager. Failing that I guess it's home insurance

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Have you actually checked with the Train people? There is a chance, albeit very slim, that it may have been reported as lost and found. Trains get a sweep all the time by employees and will likely notice. Riders also.

7. abeld61014 macrumors member

Protect your bubble is good

I pay £4.50 for a gold service with Avenir Telecom B2B and they repair and replace for lost, stolen, or damaged within a few days, low excess (around 40-50) which is a great deal.

Whatever you do dont get the insurance through your network the money grabbing buggers will charge you near 15 a month uk.

8. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Have you checked with your home insurance provider? You might already be covered.
    Directline cover my phone/macbook etc. as part of the policy in or out of the home for loss/theft and accidental damage.

9. mushed macrumors member

Yeah I'm also looking for insurance recommendations, as I am hopefully also getting a 4s because my 4 was stolen, I'm looking at PYB just wondered what you all thought (insurance for the UK)

10. rockynick macrumors newbie

If you are looking for a iphone insurance then don't worry about that how you would find a mobile insurance company. Because there are so many mobile phone insurance companies are available. Even you can also go for online mobile insurance.

iphone insurance compare | mobile phone insurance

11. tommot82 macrumors regular

As previously suggested I use Barclays. Think I pay £12 a month but get phone insurance, travel insurance, RAC breakdown cover, £500 gadget insurance etc etc. best bit is if you put the cover on a joint account you both get the benefits and only pay once :)