Iphone interlace yes or not image attached!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mustu, Oct 23, 2012.

1. mustu, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012

mustu macrumors 6502

Hi guys does it look like I have the screen interlace issue?

Pics are taken by the new iPad! I can also take them with a better camera if need be.

Thanks

Sorry could not some how add both the images inthe same post.

Attached Files:

2. cababah macrumors 68000

Sorry but you need a higher resolution picture to see something like this. iPad camera ain't gonna cut it.

Are you paranoid about having it or is there a symptom you are noticing to make you think you have interlacing? I am confuse, son :confused:

3. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

As far as I can see (And yes, the images you posted ARE good enough) you don't have the interlacing issue. :)

4. Jinzen macrumors 6502

Can't see interlacing, but your screen has awful color uniformity.

Look at the settings screen and it's a rainbow of reds and greens where it should show an even light grey/off-white.

5. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

Check the attachments I posted below for difference , yours shows "No Lines"

Alternating interlaced light and dark horizontal scan lines VS No Lines.

Attached Files:

6. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

7. mustu thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi thanks is that the iphone 5 ? Though or 4S?

8. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

Actually this image is pointless, mainly because it causes an optical illusion on the eyes, so it's not reliable.

----------

Ok I've posted this in two other threads on screen issues, but I will repost mine here.

Here are my 2 iphone 5 models. I don't have any interlacing issues, my 4s camera kind of sucks. So this is the result, they do not look this way with the naked eye.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16109731#post16109731

----------

It's the iphone 4, it doesn't matter what model it is, they all do the same with interlacing.

9. tylerpenn macrumors newbie

No it is reliable. I used that image to get mine replaced. The "genius" was not seeing the lines which are most prominent as I've seen them in the Apple Trailers app, the CNN app and in the Facebook app icon, though I'll see it 70% of the time in any of the other apps or home screen.

He tried to say that the lines were app specific since I could only really demonstrate them clearly to him in those apps but once he saw the flickering background image on my phone he had me text the image to his 4S which he then opened and saw no flickering.

Phone was replaced but unfortunately the replacement has the same issue. The guy rushed me out with the new phone as soon as he took and erased my old one so no time to check for the issue. I'll be headed back to go through the battle of replacing it again this week.

10. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

That's a shame :(

I see no lines, no flickering with either of the devices I have, and I used the same image to check.

Even went OCD and used a "Magnifying glass" over the screen lol. Are people seeing this with the naked eye, or are they seeing it through a camera lens only?

I am trying everything. Eyes, Camera & Magnifying glass and I see nothing on mine.

Haven't tried the 4s yet, but to be honest, I can't be bothered. My iphone 5 is flawless in every way, and I've been through 3 replacements now.

I don't want to have to do it again , and it looks like I won't have to this time.

11. mustu thread starter macrumors 6502

Well can't really make out really confused checked out 3 other phones they look the same!

12. cababah macrumors 68000

What were the serials on those?

13. Jinzen macrumors 6502

What optical illusion? It loads a completely different pinstriped image on my iPad and iPHone 5, while on the defective one I had it loaded BLENDED gray gradient. That flickered like crazy.

Please don't talk when you have nothing worth contributing.

14. mustu thread starter macrumors 6502

Please can you post a picture

----------

All C3